Exam policy in consultation with our partners, the Goethe-Institut is as follows:
We will accommodate ALL candidates who desire to take their exam. This means, the candidates DO NOT have to come earlier to get a token. At 9:00 am, we will start enrolling the candidates, so please keep your documents ready. Registration will close at 1 pm.
Please attach one copy of your CNIC, two copies of your valid original passport and two latest passport-sized pictures and bring along your original CNIC & passport. Without these documents you will not be enrolled in our exam.
1. The exam fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. The exam fee for internal students is applicable on the first attempt only. After the first attempt, you will be considered as an external student and other fee conditions apply.
3. An official examination certificate will be awarded by the Goethe-Institut Pakistan to those students who have passed their exams. The certificate will be sent approx. 2 weeks after the exams and the spelling of the participant’s details will be according to the spelling mentioned on the passport copy.
4. Exam candidates who failed in their exam will be issued a failure certificate from the Goethe-Institut upon request.
5. The result will be announced by the Goethe-Institut Pakistan on their website. www.goethe.de/Karachi
6. Mobile phones and jewelry is not allowed during the exam neither are visitors or persons accompanying the candidates allowed inside the premises.
7. Candidates are requested to write the exact/ complete Name, Date of Birth and Place of Birth according to their passport. Later on, NO changes shall be possible under any circumstances.
8. Candidates are requested to provide their correct/ reachable contact numbers on the registration form.
9. On the day of examination, candidates are requested to bring their original passport and original CNIC along. Candidates would not be allowed to sit in the exam without the original documents.
10. On the day of examination, Afghan citizens’ / candidates are requested to bring their original passport and original English tazkara along. Candidates would not be allowed to sit in the exam without the original documents. No agent or any other person will be allowed to enroll candidates on their behalf.
11. W.e.f. January 1, 2020. all exam participants have to appear themselves for collecting their GI exam certificates. The timings for the certificate collection are 9 am to 1 pm ONLY on weekdays.
You also have to appear in person at the time of certificate collection. Please bring your original valid passport. the candidate has to show his/ her face to the examiner.
Once you are inside, please follow these easy steps:
- At 9 am you will be let in and handed a registration form (free of cost), which you immediately fill out. Fill out the form with a black or a blue pen.
- Kindly one copy of your CNIC, two copies of your valid original passport and two latest passport-sized pictures and bring along your original CNIC & passport.
- Have your registration fee ready.
- Have your original required documents ready.
- Wait for your turn. The registration officer will call the candidates one by one according to your turn for fee & form submission.
- Submit your form and fee to the registration officer and in return collect your exam enrollment slip.